Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blog Assignment #3 Poetry


I felt a Funeral, in my Brain
by: Emily Dickinson

1) What emotions/feelings do you have after reading the poem? How does your chosen image reflect the emotions conjured by the poem?

http://www.matewan.com/Images/funeral.jpg
After reading 'I felt a Funeral, in my Brain" I felt emotions of depression and slight loneliness. It made me feel like I was at the funeral, like it was taking place in my own brain. I imaged every part that she was talking about in the poem, as she said it. But, the emotions of the people in the images were really intense. It was more than just the actions taking place to me, it was the sadness and sorrow of the people that were burring their loved one. The image I chose reflects the emotions conjured by the poem because it shows the depressed people and their sorrow for the person they are burying.

Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night
by: Gwendolyn Brooks

1) What emotions/feelings do you have after reading the poem? How does your chosen image reflect the emotions conjured by the poem?

After reading this poem I felt like I was reading something that went on in a concentration camp. It seemed to me it was a very angry poem. It mentioned rage and talked about crying and grieving. In the times of concentration camps that's all it was, grief. This image portrays my thoughts exactly, people that are unhappy and crying on the inside.

We Real Cool
by:

1) What emotions/feelings do you have after reading the poem? How does your chosen image reflect the emotions conjured by the poem?


The poem "We Real Cool" made me think of the rebels in high school. The kids that think they are SO cool and it's always a group of them that stand around watching the other kids go by rushing to class, rushing to their lockers, rushing to meet up with friends. It's almost like they're looking down on the rest of the student body. And as these kids are ditching school they look back and smirk almost like they feel like they're better than the rest of the students; when really they're not. I feel as though the image above belongs next to the poem. Care free kids just watching opportunities go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment